All Exchange Online plans (except Kiosk plans) has the option to enable an in-place email archive. By default, on all plans, the in-place email archive is disabled for all users. An administrator must enable it before it can be accessed. The in-place email archive foldersare stored only in the cloud. The main question is how to enable this option?
- Access your Office 365 administration using the administrator credentials
- Select the mailbox you would like to enable archiving option
- On the right pane you will see In-Place Archive
- Select Enable
- A new screen will appear asking you if you are sure you wish to enable this feature, click Yes
- In-Place archive is enabled!